TWTW: Growing up and bacon sarnies
The Week That Was:
1. Taking the side off Miss P’s cot in preparation for her big girl bed made for a few sleepless nights but we’re getting there. Slowly. She’s pretty chuffed with herself anyway!
2. They may be cheap but they sure as hell put a smile on my face. The first daffodils of the season, picked up for a couple of quid and popped in a blue and white striped jug that belonged to my Gran. They always seem such cheerful little folk.
3. It was nice to finally get a sunny day, even if it was freezing! Day after day of low grey skies can dampened the spirits somewhat.
4. We may have moved here nearly 18 months ago but there’s still so much to do in the house. Rich booked a long weekend off work and our bedroom finally got a fresh coat of paint.
5. Even a Monday morning doesn’t stop Miss P beaming on the walk to preschool.
6. Bacon sarnies courtesy of Rich. He’s not a regular in the kitchen but he does a good line in fry-ups, sausage sandwiches and cups of coffee.
7. Caught in a shower after dropping Miss P at preschool. Worth it though to catch a glimpse of a rainbow.
8. Solo suppers are very lazy affair. Dips, breadsticks and bits and bobs grabbed from the kitchen, a mug of coffee and time on the laptop. Perfect!
9. Trains. Lots and lots of time spent building trains.