This week looked like…
A busy week has meant that though I have a number of posts floating around my head, they haven’t quite made it on to the screen. It’s now Sunday evening and I’m tired. Have a snapshot of my week instead…
- Accidentally buying loose leaf tea, muttering under my breath whilst digging out the tea pot and then remembering how much I like ‘proper’ tea from a pot.
- Discovering that my jam-hating daughter adores marmalade and has refused to eat anything else for her tea for the last 5 days.
- Watching my car-obsessed neighbour spend a whole day washing, polishing, vacuuming his pride and joy. Then feeling slightly confused when a professional valet company came the next day. The motoring equivalent of cleaning the house before the cleaner comes?!
- Being slightly surprised at how liberating it feels to hit the unfollow button and declutter my online life. All of those niggles, annoyances and feelings of duty gone.
- Trying flat peaches for the first time and honestly wondering what all the excitement was about.
- Putting together the first issue of the village newsletter after my month break. Lots of coffee saw me through.
- Buying Miss P her first hobby horse and then realising I then had to carry it all around town and take it on the bus. I may or may not have made it ‘neigh’ at random moments and enjoyed the surprised look on peoples faces.
- Watching the opening night of Celebrity Big Brother despite my public deceleration that I wouldn’t. What a sorry bunch they are, no danger of me getting sucked in this year!
- Finally getting around to making this recipe for Italian Meatloaf, having bookmarked the recommendation from Katie over at The Five F’s. Delicious and one to add to my ‘regular make’ list.